Long Term –
Are you interested in Long Term Personal Care Services? Here’s what you need to know:
The Louisiana Long Term – Personal Care Services program provides help with activities of daily living for persons who qualify for assistance under the program guidelines.
This program does not, by itself or in combination with other OAAS programs, provide supports 24 hours a day.
- Moving from one surface to another (transferring)
- Walking or using a wheelchair
- Changing positions in bed (bed mobility)
- Light housekeeping
- Preparing and storing meals
- Reminders about taking medicines
- Help with medical appointments
- Help finding transportation for medical appointments
- Specialized or skilled nursing
- Giving medicine
- Rehabilitative services
- Specialized aid services
- Help that is already being given by family or others in the community or through another assistance program
- Cleaning areas of the home that the applicant does not stay in
- Food preparation or laundry for anyone other than the applicant
- Sitter services
- Supervision not related to activities of daily living
People who receive Medicaid benefits AND
- Are 21 years old or older AND
- Meet Nursing Facility Level of Care, AND
- Require at least limited assistance with one Activity of Daily Living, AND
- Be able to direct their care independently or through a responsible representative, AND
Meet ONE of the following:
- Be in a nursing facility and be able to be discharged if community-based services were available; OR
- Be likely to require nursing facility admission within the next 120 days; OR
- Have a primary care-giver who has a disability or who is at least 70 years old.
* All information provided by the Louisiana Department of Health – Aging and Adult Services.
Contact Leading Health Care to find out about your benefits and whether you qualify for free LT-PCS care.
Fill out the form below or call 888-569-9111 for more information.