When it comes to getting help at home, it’s important to know the differences between home care and home health services. At Leading Home Care, we want to help you understand these differences so you can make smart choices for you and your family. Let’s look at each one to see how they help people.
Home Care: Helping with everyday things to make life better.
Here are some important things we do:
- Help with Bathing and Dressing: Our caregivers are trained to help with personal hygiene in a respectful way.
- Bathroom Assistance: We make sure the bathroom is safe and clean and help those who need assistance.
- Cleaning Services: We help with light cleaning to make sure the home is a good place to live.
- Companionship: Our caregivers keep people company, talking and doing activities to support emotional health.
- Meal Delivery/Prep: We make sure people get healthy meals that fit their dietary needs.
- Transportation: Our caregivers help with rides to medical appointments, grocery shopping, or social outings.
Home Health: More complicated medical needs.
Here are some important things home health services do:
- Formal Health Monitoring: Checking important health signs regularly.
- Injections: Giving prescribed shots for different medical conditions.
- Major Wound Care: Taking care of big wounds to help them heal properly.
- Rehabilitation Therapy: Doing special therapy to help with recovery and improve abilities.
- Medical Tests: Doing necessary medical tests at home instead of going to the hospital.
- Skilled Nursing: Professional nursing care for people with complex medical conditions, making sure they are monitored and managed well.
Understanding these differences helps you make choices that fit your needs and the needs of your family.