Direct Support Workers (DSWs)
Get A Career in Caring
Direct Support Workers (DSWs) are caregivers who take on the extraordinary task of helping those who are at their most vulnerable.
No experience or certification is needed to become a Direct Support Worker with Leading Home Care. We provide the training you need to be successful.
Our DSWs are regular people from many different backgrounds. Whether you’ve been a cashier, waiter, or stay-at-home parent — if you have a heart to help others, this job is for you.
Our Employees Are
Caring and Compassionate
Eager to Help Others
Patient and Understanding When Faced with Challenges
Willing to go the Extra Mile
Ready to Join?
You can apply online or in-person, or request a call from one of our recruiters.
Request a Call
Fill out the form below to have one of our recruiters call you.
What’s a day in the life of a DSW look like?
You’ll work inside clients’ homes to provide daily assistance and help them maintain their independence. Some of your daily duties may include:
- Assistance with personal care tasks like bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting
- Community outings including errands, shopping, transportation to appointments, etc.
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Meal preparation, nutrition, and assistance with feeding
- Medication assistance and administration
- Mobility assistance or transferring
We connect you with shifts that work for you.
We serve clients all across the surrounding parishes of each Leading Home Care office. So, our team will ensure that you are working with clients in your local area.
We work with you to schedule shifts that do not interfere with other jobs, childcare, or school. You are able to choose from a wide variety of shifts, including overnight, daytime, weekend, full-time, and part-time shifts.
Pay & Benefits
- Earn $8-10/hour, plus a $50 sign-on bonus on your first check!
- Earn your Medication Administration certificate at no cost. This is also transferrable to other agencies.
- Full-time employees are eligible for our Medical & Dental programs, Cancer/Specified Disease program, Sickness, Accidental, and Disability benefits.
- Scholarship program available for children of full-time DSWs to help with school supplies, required fees, books, tuition, or room & board at any primary, secondary, technical school, or college.
- Build wonderful relationships with your clients as you work one-on-one with them each day.
- No experience needed — You bring the caring, we’ll teach the skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass a background check, national sex offender registry check, and State/Federal Medicaid program exclusion screenings.
- Must have a driver’s license and insurance to work with clients who require transportation.
- Must have a GPS-capable and web-enabled smart phone to clock in and out using LaSRS Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) as required by the State of Louisiana.
- Must be punctual, dependable, and available to accept case assignments.
- Must be self-directing and able to work with little supervision.
- Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Specific physical requirements vary by assignment.
Here’s what some of our DSWs had to say…
“I have worked with this company for six years, and I love it. They are very nice and adaptable to your changing schedule. The most enjoyable part about working there is getting to know new clients.”
“This job is for someone with compassion... You have to enjoy taking care of someone else.”
"Great company and people to work for and with...Very client and worker oriented company. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the workers and clients. They have such a big impact on how I view life now.”
“It has been a pleasure to take care of and love the clients just like my own grandparents. Showing them that someone cares, making them smile and feel loved is what I’m there for.”